Our hub for leadership education, mission and ministry
The Stuart Center is named for Janet Erskine Stuart, RSCJ (1857-1914), a preeminent educator and administrator whose writings reveal to us a woman who was at once deeply spiritual and brilliantly intellectual. She serves as model and inspiration in the Center’s work with justice groups, collaborators and Religious of the Sacred Heart. Located in Washington, DC, the Center houses a number of offices sponsored by the Society of the Sacred Heart:
- Center for Educational Design and Communication (CEDC), which provides a host of communication and technology services, especially for nonprofits doing social justice work.
- Conference Center, which provides meeting and conference space. Overnight accommodations are available for RSCJ and Network of Sacred Heart Schools activities and meetings.
- Office of JPIC, which serves as a resource to RSCJ and colleagues in their work for “Justice, Peace and the Integrity of Creation.”
- Office of Educational Initiatives & Leadership, working with a focus on meeting the needs of non-profits and schools through workshops, conferences, consulting services and youth-centered programs.
- Office of Ministry, which helps RSCJ in the United States - Canada Province maximize their ministry potential.
The Stuart Center supports and furthers the educational mission of the Society of the Sacred Heart by working with Religious of the Sacred Heart, collaborators and social justice groups to strategically:
- Respond to the educational and justice needs of our country and world
- Support the development of new projects and initiatives
- Strengthen technology at the service of mission
- Focus on youth and leadership
- Provide conference space for religious and social justice groups
For more information on The Stuart Center services, visit our website.