Sister Margaret Mary Caire was born in Edgard, Louisiana. Along with her many sisters, she attended the Academy of the Sacred Heart in Grand Coteau, Louisiana, graduating in 1950. She entered the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1951, along with her older sister Ann. They made first vows together March 8, 1954 and their final profession February 8, 1960.
Sister Caire began her education ministry at Clifton Academy of the Sacred Heart in Cincinnati. She then taught in Sacred Heart schools in Grand Coteau, Louisiana; New Orleans and St. Louis. In 1963, she returned to her alma mater in Grand Coteau, where she remained for ten years. She served as principal of the elementary school in New Orleans, 1976-84, then served as head of school for the Academy of the Sacred Heart, St. Charles, Missouri, 1984-2006. She returned to Grand Coteau in 2006 to work in the alumnae office of the Academy and continues to volunteer and serve as a presence at the schools.
Sister Caire also served the former St. Louis Province as director of formation for several years. She served on the board of trustees for Sacred Heart schools in Houston and New Orleans.
Sister Caire earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Maryville College of the Sacred Heart and Master’s in education from Our Lady of the Lake (San Antonio).